Saturday, July 24, 2010
There are some exciting developments coming shortly from Under the Moon...a new catalogue, new products and more! We're anxiously awaiting their arrival...and as soon as they're here, I'll let you know!
In the meantime, feel free to check out the current catalogue (most of the items will still be available once the new catty is out), and as always, feel free to contact me if you'd like more info on any of our products or services.
Enjoy your summer dancing in the moonlight!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
In honour of Earth Day, here are 5 things you can do to help the Earth:
1) Ditch the chemicals. Many of us have been brought up to believe that you need to disinfect everything and use the most powerful cleaners to be healthy. However, the use of disinfectants is often cited as one of the reasons for increasing rates of "superbugs" that are antibiotic-resistant. Try some natural cleaners, such as vinegar and water, for mirrors and surfaces. For tough scrubbing, use a bit of baking soda and a rag to get spills off your stove or stains out of your sink. If you want to try other natural cleaners, there are lots on the market. Just make sure to read labels so you aren't fooled by false claims of "green".
2) Buy local (and organic). This summer our family is participating in a box program from a local organic farm. For a modest weekly fee, we get a box of fresh fruits, veggies, honey and other goodies. We know where it's grown, that there aren't all kinds of chemicals sprayed all over it, and my daughter gets to see where our food comes from! Plus, our local economy benefits...it doesn't get any better than that!
3) Make the 4 R's part of your life. Recycle, Reduce, Reuse, and Reevaluate your consumption habits!
4) Make Earth-friendly choices. Switch to cold water to wash clothes and a clothesline to dry them, choose products for your home that use less energy, unplug electrical appliances (computers, TVs, etc.) when not in use, and make sure your home is as energy-efficient as possible.
5) Consider switching to environmentally-friendly power sources (such as solar, wind, etc.), and evaluate purchases (such as cars and appliances) for their impact on the environment.
Here at Under the Moon, we strive to select products that are produced fairly and in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Feel free to contact me if you're interested in learning about the background of any of our toys, clothing, diapers or other products!
And watch out for our new website, which will be debuting any day!
Happy Earth Day everyone!
Friday, March 5, 2010
Friday, November 13, 2009
Just a few quick reminders...
Under the Moon Niagara will be at the St. Catharines Museum this Sunday, November 15th from 12-4 PM for their annual Friends' Day event. Admission is FREE, although they'd appreciate a donation of warm mittens, scarves or hats for Community Care. It is a great event and lots of fun for the whole family...for the kids, be sure to visit the Talking Mitten Tree, Mad Science activity station, as well as Frank Proctor reading from the newly republished "The Day the Welland Canal Monster Met Santa" (one of my favourites as a kid)! For the grown-ups, check out the famous Friends' Day silent auction, as well as the Holiday Market (that's where we'll be, so be sure to drop by and say hi)! There are refreshments and other activities, and of course the Museum and Lacrosse Hall of Fame will be open too! The Museum is located at Lock 3 of the Welland Canal in St. Catharines, on the Welland Canals Parkway between Queenston Road and Glendale Avenue.
Speaking of this Sunday, please remember that the 15th is the cut-off date for guaranteed delivery for Christmas for overseas items. While many of our items ship within a week or two, others (such as the Grimm toys from Germany) take much longer due to international shipping and customs. Therefore, if you're looking to place an order for one of these items, please contact me over the weekend. If you are unsure of where a particular product comes from and the shipping times, please email or call and I can get the info to you ASAP!
Of course, the earlier you order, the less strees you have about having to finish your shopping...
To browse our regular or holiday catalogues, visit http://www.utmcatalogue.com/catalogue.html
Hope to see you this weekend at the Museum!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
Here is just a taste of some of the great items we offer:
- Cloth diapers, earth-friendly diaper hybrids and chlorine-free disposables and wipes
- Stylish diaper bags and baby gear
- Baby carriers, wraps, ring slings and more!
- Maternity wear and pregnancy support belts, nursing bras and tanks, breastfeeding books and DVDs, pre-natal/post-partum workout balls, and nursing pillows
- Breast pumps, nursing pads, hydrogel therapy pads and nipple care products
- Trendy and eco-friendly T-shirts for the whole family!
- Tons of fashionable options for clothing your babies and children, including droolers and bibs, leg warmers, wearable sleep blankets, shoes and more!
- Pregnancy and post-partum teas, baby and family skin care products, and herbal/homeopathic remedies
- Items to pamper that special Mom in your life (or yourself!): beeswax candles; natural massage bars, lip balms and soaps; jewelry; and natural feminine care products
- BPA-free stainless-steel water bottles
- Books for everyone in the family, from babies to grandparents!
- Green cleaning products
- Creative, battery-free cloth and wooden toys, including dolls and doll accessories, wooden and Waldorf blocks, puzzles, stacking games, mobiles and baby toys, playmats and rugs, and more!
We carry brand names such as:
- Earth Mama, Angel Baby
- Emma Jane
- Gaia Skin Naturals
- Little Inkers
And so much more!
Our products are environmentally-friendly and of a high quality. That means once your little ones outgrow them, they will still have a high resale value, or will still be in great condition to pass on to family or friends!
As a demonstrator, I can also help you set up a baby shower, mommy party, or help you build up your own collection of baby supplies, toys, books and more! There are lots of ideas for birthday or holiday gifts too! One of the great benefits of Under the Moon is that hostesses receive wonderful discounts as well as free UTM Buck reward dollars, which you can put towards product.
I really believe that these items are high quality, socially and enviromentally responsible, and help to support our economy. I use many of them with my own daughter, and would love to share the benefits of our products with you!
Check back here for updates, events and giveaways, as well as interesting info for parents, grandparents and the whole family!
I look forward to helping to serve you and your family! Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments, and welcome to Under the Moon!
Note that the links above are not to our catalogue...that link can be found by clicking on the title of this post!